The sMRT SARfinder monitors the emergency frequency 121.5MHz and provides an instant audible alarm and direction bearing when a distress signal is received from one of our compatible Personal Locator Beacons.
Why choose a sMRT SARfinder?
Automatic alarm and in-water tracking.
Compass-style LED display makes it easier to carry out a self-managed rescue.
Can monitor an unlimited number of alerting units.
Includes an antenna.
- Control Box Dimensions: 165x95x65mm - Aluminium Box (excluding antenna & connectors)
- Control Box Weight: 1000gms
- Antenna Base Dimensions: 550 mm H x350mm W - PVC Plastic
- Antenna Base: Weight 950gms
- Antenna Pole Mounting Bkt: 50mm Internal Dia
- Temperature range: -20°C + 55°C (Operational)
- Bandwidth: 25 KHz
- Modulation: AM
- Ports: DC12V Power Cable (1m) Antenna Cable (20m)
- Waterproofing: IPX67
- Sensitivity: 3 dBuV/m (threshold of target bearing resolution)
- Frequencies: 121.5 MHz, 121.65 MHz (Test 1), 121.775 (Test 2)
- Criteria of ELT/PLB recognition Audible AM down-swept tone (compliant to ITU-R M.690-2)
- Audio output max.: 8Vss (speaker > 8 Ohm)
- Relay contact Floating, carrying capacity max.: 0.5 A/10W
- Current Consumption Standby = 300mA – Tracking = 850mA – Alarming 1300 mA. If alarm + ext. speaker (8 Ohm) = 400mA
- Operating Voltage: 12V DC (with transient compliance to ISO 7637-2)
- Antenna Gain: 1.4 dBi nominal
- Bearing detection method: Triangular phase delta
- Bearing resolution accuracy: +15° @ 10 dBuv/m maximum
- Antenna Triple Coax Cable Impedence: 75 Ω
- Capacitance: 60pF / m
- Attenuation / 10 m: 0.28 dB @ 1.5 MHz, 2 dB @ 100 MHz, 4.7 dB @ 500 MHz
- Attenuation / 100 m: 20 dB @ 100 MHz
- Diameter: 7.2 mm
- Operating temperature: –20 +70 °C
- Coaxial Type : Triple RG179B/U
Certification(s): Standards Tested to: ETSI EN 301 489-1 V1.5.1 (2004-11), ETSI EN 301 489-22 V1.3.1 (2003-11)